Saturday, December 27, 2014

Time Management

Time Management is a major area that I think about all the time but never seem to act accordingly.  I want to but seem never to have to time to actively engage in this area.  I now think it is about time for me to take action and follow my own advise about Time Management.

I once gave a speech in Toastmasters on Time Management.  Now that I look back, it was a message that was not only directed to my audience but also very pertinent to me.  I talked about time and how you can't do certain things with it:
  1. You can't make time
  2. You can't create time
  3. You can't borrow time

But one thing you can do is Manage Time.  As we age, this becomes much more of an issue.  I remember when I was younger being able to do so many things just in one day.  Now it is a little more challenging, however, I have found if I manage my time accordingly I can get close to the same results as I did when I was younger.  It may take longer to do it, but I pride myself in the product produced and the quality of that time spent.  Below are a few of the tips that I do to help me manage my time:
  1. Be aware of your calendar
  2. Make a list of the things you definitely need to do
  3. Prioritize that list - this becomes my personal agenda
  4. Flexibility can play a role, but return to your agenda
  5. Celebrate in your success of attending to your items

Those are my tips for today.  Let's try and make it happen!  I am in the same boat with you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment