Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year

Happy New Year fun fans!  I have decided to provide you with one of my most favorite TIPS about starting the year out right.  Every year at this time, people often reminisce about what has happened over the past year and decide to make changes for the better.  This is a good thing, but often what happens is when their New Years Resolutions fall along the wayside and don't get accomplished right away they experience a sense of failure early on.  People often feel trapped into having to wait a full year again to start over.

I have to share a great story with you that I experienced one time in Denver Colorado.  I was there on a business trip and was eating at a fun restaurant that was connected to a lounge.  It was on a Wednesday in July.  As my group was dining, we noticed people scurrying around in the lounge area putting up balloons on the ceiling in large plastic bags, putting noise makers out on the tables and confetti.  Curiosity got the best of me and I just had to ask what was going on.  I initially thought there was going to be a private party coming in soon.  When I asked the waiter what was going on he said well it is Wednesday, and we celebrate New Years Eve every Wednesday.  I looked puzzled and he continued to say the reason why we do this is so that people can always start over again with their New Years Resolutions.  Besides, he said, Wednesdays are our slowest day, and you can't believe how we pack the people in just for a chance to start all over again.  I thought this was an amazing idea.  New Years does not have to be celebrated just at the beginning of the year.  If you ever feel the need to start over again, it can happen at any time you decide.  So here is my tip to you.......if you don't feel that your New Years Resolution has come to fruition you don't have to wait another year to start over.  Start anytime!!!  Here's the TIP:
  1. You will always be in control of your resolutions
  2. The opportunity will always be there for you
  3. You can succeed and avoid failure

No comments:

Post a Comment