Monday, November 3, 2014

Baby Steps


How do you eat an elephant?  One bite at a time.  Today I found that there was quite a bit that I was able to accomplish.  I was keeping a mental note of small things that I wanted to remember to do.  Even though it was somewhat scattered, I was able to collect my thoughts and do just a few things that were in the direction of organization.  I have become very frustrated that my time has been taken up by a million other things that happen in my life and I have not had the time or energy to do a lot of what needs to get done personally.  Today, I actually had somewhat of a breakthrough.  As I approached certain little things I wanted to get done, I started completing these small tasks.  Even though it was a small step for me to complete, I felt accomplished.  The lesson I learned from this is not to get so overwhelmed by everything that has to get done, but to celebrate in the small successes.  I actually felt good about myself for doing just a few things I wanted to get done.  This allowed me to wipe that off my mind and move on to the next task.  It is a start at really practicing my inner focus.  I plan rewards for myself too just to continue the celebration.  Nothing major.  Example:  I called a dear friend of mine who I have not seen in months and luckily she was around and we are meeting for dinner.  Even though she may not know this is how I am celebrating, it is nice to share thoughts with someone that means so much to me, and rekindle that friendship and why it adds so much value to my life.  To me that is a reason to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment