Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Octopuses Garden

If I had 8 arms then maybe I could get everything done that I wanted to.  Sometimes it is OK to say NO.  I heard a term today on the Steve Harvey show.  A college student said she was afraid of FOMO.  When Steve asked her what that meant, she said “fear of missing out.”  I think that is true of my schedule sometimes, I just have a fear that I might just miss something should I decide not to do something.  I have to train myself that it is OK to say no to something’s even though you have feelings of FOMO.  I never knew there was a term for it, but I think it hits the nail on the head for what I often experience.  I also have this same feeling in terms of TV programs.  I absolutely love TV.  I know it is a vice, but since I am coming clean on what goes through my head sometimes, I might as well fess up and let you know that TV has always been an entertainment for me and my way of relaxing.  I do have anxiety about missing certain TV programs.  Even though I tape or “DVR” most shows I love, there is that fear of missing a program that I really wanted to watch.  There are so many technical things out now that I know you can find the program you missed on some computers or “On Demand”, however, it still doesn’t easy my anxiety.  Again with the FOMO when it comes to TV programs.  I guess there are uniqueness’ about people that we will never understand.  There is no rational for my behavior.  I am sure there are others out there that experience the same thing.  So hopefully…………………I am not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment