Monday, November 17, 2014

Sleepless in my Pajamas

Have you ever had some of those nights where you were asleep, then all of a sudden you weren’t asleep and you became wide awake?  I am again having one of those nights.  Rather than fighting to try and get the additional sleep, I decided to go ahead and let the eyes wide open win.  It is better to put this wide awake energy to good use so I decided to get up and work on the computer.  Rather than search the internet for funny dog videos, which I truly love, I decided why not be productive and blog about redirecting my energy to a productive venue. 

Energy, both positive or negative, should be put to good use.  I have always been a big believer that energy in any form should be put to beneficial use.  Anytime, I was confronted with negative energy that I didn’t want to go in the wrong direction, I would put it to good use trying to get it to flow in a positive direction.  Here is an example of what I am talking about:

Someone provide you with some feedback that is not really flattering or destroys you to the point of being depressed about the comments.  Rather than deflate your ego, look towards the positive side of the things that have been a big part of your life.  Build yourself up on those things that you do have control over and chalk up the negative feedback as something that you can learn from.  First of all consider the source.  Is it really something that needs changing in your life.  If it is true and you have some control over it, consider doing it in a positive way.  Many times feedback of this sort causes you to be angry or upset.  This is where I find that redirecting that negative energy into a positive experience is beneficial.  Think about what can make a positive change for you.  Not everyone is going to like us or provide us with positive feedback and support.  Because of this we need to protect ourselves with putting this into perspective and getting the most out of what was provided.  Take that negative energy and change it into positive energy just for you.  You have the control and can make that change.  I realize that it is not always that easy.  But for your protection and to benefit you the most it is critical.

So if you are ever awake in the middle of the night and want to burn off some negative energy, one way to do it is to think about redirecting that negative energy into positive energy.  It truly will make you feel better, and you will definitely make a difference in your life.






No comments:

Post a Comment