Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Does Anyone Work Here????

Have you ever gone into a business and there were a number of people behind the counter and you instantly became invisible?  I can't explain why this happens, but I often do not feel that there has been enough emphasis on good customer service.  I think it is essential for any type of business or service industry to really make it a point to provide training especially in the area of customer service.  Business' can succeed or fail based on this one particular area. 

I have actually walked out of businesses if I feel that I am really totally being ignored.  I would even venture to stay longer if the business had just briefly acknowledged my existence.  However, I often feel that if a business or service cannot take the time to recognize that there is a customer in need of assistance, then that business does not deserve my business.  This is why I think that a good foundation in appropriate customer service is critical for business success.  Your customer base is the heart of your business. 

I am going to offer a few tips that I feel any business can benefit from in terms of Customer Service:
  • As part of an initial business orientation, make customer service a priority.  This is where you are going to build up your customer base. 
  • If you continue to recognize and provide assistance to your customers you will also be building a loyalty based customer.
  • Special recognitions for your loyal customers will prove to be invaluable now and also in the future.  These are the individuals who will also be referring others to your business and services.
  • Definitely a win, win, win!
Keep your heart in your business and be sure that your customers feel the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment